Top interior & exterior home lighting trends
Lighting provides a transformational factor that takes your home's look to the next level. Learn how to choose the most optimal lighting theme for your home, both inside and out, and create dimension in every space. Explore the latest trends in lighting and find the perfect lighting solutions to suit your style.
- Track lighting - Strategically placed track lighting will highlight the key elements of an area. Hang track lighting above a kitchen bar or over a piece of art to create a focal point in a room.
- Recessed lighting - Installed directly in the ceiling, recessed lighting will act as a spotlight for whatever it shines over. Recessed lighting in the corners of a room will create a modern feel.
- Hanging lanterns - No other light fixture is more whimsical than a hanging lantern. Install hanging lanterns with an incandescent bulb on your patio to create romantic ambient lighting.
- Flood lights - These high-intensity lights are usually equipped with halogen bulbs and are ideal for outdoor use. Add flood lights with motion sensors to your yard to optimize safety.
- Ceiling mounted lighting - These lights are best for illuminating large spaces from one fixture overhead. Pick a ceiling mounted light that is simple and unobtrusive to blend.
- Compact fluorescent lighting - Also known as CFLs, these types of bulbs are made to fit most home lighting fixtures. CFLs will save you money since they require less energy and last longer than traditional light bulbs.
- LED lighting - The latest trend in light bulb technology is the LED, or light emitting diode. LED bulbs can help cut your power bill since they emit significantly less heat and are much more durable than incandescent bulbs.
Ferguson product experts are provided with in-depth training on the technical aspects of lighting, so they have the knowledge to help you make the right lighting decision for your home. Come see our wide selection of lighting solutions and schedule an appointment to visit our showroom today.