How To Use Ferguson App
- Ferguson App Overview
- Downloading the App
- Navigating the App
- App Features
- Scanned Product List
Ferguson App Overview
The Ferguson app combines barcode scanning capabilities with existing ferguson.com features to provide the tools you need on-the-go, anytime and anywhere. Save time, order online and take advantage of Pro Pick-Up so you can spend more time working jobs and less time waiting for material.The Ferguson app lets you:
- Find product specs, pricing and availability information
- Scan Ferguson barcodes to keep inventory filled
- Quickly order products online
- Locate a Ferguson near you
Downloading the App
You can download the Ferguson app on the Apple App Store or Google Play App Store. It's free and easy to use.
- Go to the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store and type Ferguson or Ferguson app into the Search field in either store.
- Select the Ferguson app, then install.
Once installed, open the app and log in using your ferguson.com credentials.
Once you’re logged in, you will be on the Ferguson app home screen.
Navigating the App
The navigation on the Ferguson app is slightly different than on ferguson.com.
The Ferguson app navigation menu is located on the upper left of the screen. Click the navigation menu to view the app features. App features may appear different for some users depending on their account settings, but could include:
- Current account
- Order History
- My Lists
The current account is located at the top of the menu selections and indicates the current account on your Job Board to view availability and pricing. The Job Board features may vary depending on your account settings, but could include:
- Selected Account
- Selected Job
- Selected Contract
- Selected Store
Click on the account name to access the Job Board and change your selected account or store.
A cart symbol on the upper right takes you directly to the shopping cart. A number next to the cart icon indicates the number of products in the cart. Click the cart icon to view the products in the cart.
Use the text box to search for over a million product SKUs and products in stock at nearby locations. Access real-time local inventory and check local stock levels of specific products so you can make sure the products you need are ready when you place an order. Enter a product in the search box to search for it on the app.
Under My Ferguson on the app’s home screen there are several navigation arrows to take you to app features including:
- Order History
- My Lists
Along the bottom of the home screen there are navigation buttons to take you directly to:
- Home – Click “Home” from anywhere on the app to return to the My Ferguson home screen.
- Products – Click “Products” to reveal featured search categories to conduct your search.
- Scanner – Click “Scanner” to use the app’s scanner feature and scan product barcodes to create a list of products.
The Ferguson app includes several of the same great features you see on ferguson.com, as well as a scanning function that allows you to scan and reorder products from your truck or warehouse for easy inventory replenishment. With the app, you can check local stock levels of products instantly and quickly place reorders so you can buy online and pick up in store with Pro Pick-Up. Under My Ferguson on the home screen you will find app features including:
- Click on “Products” under My Ferguson to view products within featured search categories and conduct your product search.
- Click a category to view products within the selected category. You can then change the quantity, color/finish (if available) and add the product to your Cart or My Lists.
- You can also enter specific products in the Search bar.
- Click on “Order History” under My Ferguson to check online and offline order status, review purchase history and reorder with ease.
- Search for orders placed within a certain period of time using the drop-down filter at the top. You can select orders placed within the last 30 days, last 90 days or last 12 months.
- Click a specific order number to view order details.
- Click on “Quotes” under My Ferguson to quickly view and manage quotes on all main and job accounts.
- You can easily flip quotes into orders at your convenience.
- Click the drop-down arrow below Quotes to view quote status and select between All, Pending, Ready to Order or My Quotes.
- Click on “My Lists” under My Ferguson to create customized favorites lists to quickly reorder products you buy most often.
- Click an individual list to view its details.
- You can also manage lists with the following:
- - Create new list
- - Create New Folder
- - Group lists
- - Share lists to other users in your organization (if applicable)
- - Add lists to your cart
- - Edit and delete lists and group lists
- Click on “Messages” under My Ferguson to view messages for updates on orders, quote status, job account access, shared My Lists and other activity.
- There are two sections: Unread and All Read.
- You can read new messages, mark messages as read and view old messages.
- Click on “Locations” under My Ferguson to quickly find the nearest Ferguson location.
- The first time you click Locations, a pop-up window will appear asking if you “Allow Ferguson to access this device’s location?”
- Click “Allow” to allow the app to access your location. Click “Deny” if you do not want to use the app to access your location.
- Click “Use My Current Location” to find the Ferguson location nearest you.
- You can also enter a zip code or city and state, then set the distance and select the location type (Plumbing, HVAC, Waterworks, etc.) and hit “Search” to find a Ferguson location near you.
The app’s scanner feature allows you to scan product bar codes and easily add them to the cart to replenish your inventory with ease. Scan product SKUs from your truck, warehouse bins, or custom catalog. View product information (image, name, description, etc.) instantly. You can add products to your cart for easy checkout or create a list of products.
Please note that the Ferguson app will need to access the phone’s camera in order to utilize the scanner functionality. Go to your phone settings to turn on camera access for the Ferguson app.The scanner allows you to:
- Scan product and add them directly to your cart
- Manually add codes
- Create and save a scanned list when there is no internet access
- Email a scanned list in .csv format
- Scan in low-light areas with the flashlight toggle
- Click “Scanner” at the bottom right of the screen to open the scanner.
- Hover the scanner window and center the red bar over the product barcode.
- The scanner will read the barcode and the product will appear in a pop-up window.
- - Change the product quantity using the plus and minus buttons to increase or decrease the product quantity.
- - Click “+ Add Item” to add the product to your list.
- - To cancel the product and close the pop-up window, click the “X” or click the “Cancel” button.
Use the flashlight
- If you experience low-light conditions, you can click the flashlight icon in the lower left of the scanner window. This will turn on your phone’s flashlight and make it easier for the scanner to read the barcode.
Manually adding product
- If the product cannot be scanned, you can manually add it by clicking on the plus button in the lower right of the scanner window.
- Enter the barcode number and click “Submit.”
- To cancel the addition of the product barcode and close the pop-up window, click the “X” or the “Cancel” button.
Scanned Product List
Edit products and list
Once the products have been scanned, you can view the entire list, view individual product availability, edit products and quantities by clicking “Edit.”
- Use the plus and minus buttons next to the quantity number to increase or decrease the product quantity.
- View the product availability under each item on your list.
- Click “Clear All” on the top right to remove all the products from your list.
- Click "Remove Item" to remove a specific product from your list.
Add scanned list to cart
- Click “Add To Cart” to add the products on your scanned list to your shopping cart.
- A pop-up window will inform you that the items were added and will indicate the number of items that were successfully added to your cart.
Email scanned list
Scan products to a custom shopping list and email it to yourself so you can process the order using the copy/paste feature within Quick Order when it is convenient for you.
- Click “Email List” to open a pop-up window that allows you to enter the file name (if different than the default file name that appears) and the email address to which you choose to send the scanned product list.
- You may also check the “Copy Me” box if you want to be copied on the email.
- A confirmation window will inform you that the email was sent and will indicate how many items were successfully sent in email.
- Click “OK" and you will receive a pop-up message that asks, “Would you like to clear your scan list?” You can choose “Yes” or “No.”